- Spray Your Garden The Natural Way
- Roses for Sub-Tropical Areas – Part 1
- Organic Workshop
- Natural Dyeing
- Native Plants for Home Gardens on Alstonville Plateau
- Native Animals
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Growing vegetables
- Feature Foliage
- Big Scrub Rainforest Plants for Home Gardens
May’s featured plant was the CYCAD – talk by Alison Jarrett
This cycad is about 20 years old
Alison grows several species of cycads - she loves the rosette formation of the leaves and is impressed by the longevity of these "dinosaur plants"
However, she warns to watch these plants carefully when new growth is initiated in October.
Look out for the moth with blue on top, brown beneath.
The moth is active for 2-3 weeks in Oct - it rasps off the ends of leaves as they emerge from the brown furry centre of the cycad.
Control moth with product called Success - daily applications